News & Events
Regina 2014 NAIG Host Society Progress
June 8, 2012
The Regina 2014 NAIG Host Society presented their progress report to the North American Indigenous Games Council on Saturday, May 26, 2012. They submitted a first draft business plan and introduced their board of directors. The Host Society also produced a compliance list of hosting standard requirements met to date and items coming up in the next reporting period.
After careful review of the business plan draft and supporting documentation, the NAIG Council Executive Committee informed the Host Society that they have met the conditions of the probationary period and hosting standards. They will continue plans for their hosting of the NAIG in 2014 and NAIG Council will monitor their progress during the planning period.
The Regina 2014 NAIG Host Society board of directors are:
- Chair: Vice-Chief Morley Watson
- Vice Chair: Vice-Chief Simon Bird
- Edmund Bellegarde: File Hills Qu'Appelle Tribal Council (FHQTC)
- Ken Dueck: Province of Saskatchewan
- Chris Holden: City of Regina representative
- Dr. Don Clark: University of Regina
- Louis Gardiner: Minister, Metis Nation - Saskatchewan (Sports & Culture Representative)
- Colin Starblanket: Youth Delegate
- Donna Barron: NAIG Council (non-voting)
- Dave Canadian: NAIG Council (non-voting)
A representative from the Government of Canada is to be named and recruitment underway for the positions of Treasurer, Fundraising, Board Secretary/Legal.
For more information please contact Norman Ettawacappo, NAIG Council Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 1-800-453-7239. Contact information for the Host Society is being finalized and will be distributed publicly as soon as it is available.
Dave Canadian, NAIG Council President